Found my Current Dream Car in the Edge

Hello fellow Edge owners!

All five of my previous cars were all Fords (not through any particular brand loyalty...just worked out that way.) And, athough I was determined to go with a different brand simply to 'try something different', Ford managed to suck me in with the Edge.

I drive approximately 450-500 miles a week for my job (all highway), and while I'd been zipping to work in something far more fuel efficient the past few years, I finally wanted a car that I really, truly enjoyed driving, regardless of gas mileage.

I'm a real stickler when it comes to value and finding that gem of a bargain and researched the Edge to the ends of the earth and drove a ton of them. I finally found 'the one' -which was QUITE by accident...I was interested in another Edge at this dealership and they sold it not 24 hours before I planned to look at it, and suggested this other one....I almost ignored it based on color alone (I was being 'particular' this time! or so I thought).

The moment I saw it I fell in love. It was a 2010 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge Limited, with almost every available option, one owner (an executive vehicle), clean Carfax, with only 34k on it....loaded. There was not a scratch to be found on (quite literally) and the car SMELLED brand new.

They'd already dropped the price on it, and I came informed and aggressive with my trade-in negotiation. I walked out of there with a car that originally went for close to 40k for $18,995. Needless to say I was a happy camper!

I've only had it about a month, but I've never loved a car more (and I once had a Redfire Metallic Mustang that I loved and was 'fun'). It's the smoothest ride I've ever encountered, I feel more powerful/visible on the road, and for once I feel like I'm driving in true 'luxury'. Might seem silly, but it's a nice feeling. When you spend as much time driving to and from work as I do, it really helps to love the car!

I'm averaging 21mpg and I had to do quite a bit of adjusting to my driving style to maximize that (I'm a lead foot if allowed and I have to keep up with fellow Bostonians!). Now, I set my cruise control. (I used to be vehemently opposed to using it) Eh, I've added 15 mins or so to the commute with the slow down, but the ride's just too enjoyable to care.

The only thing I immediately bought for it was a set of digitally molded Weathertech floor liners for it, but now I'm on the lookout for subtle upgrades to add. Heck, it's already stylish as is!

Thanks for having me. :)