iTunes 11 songs onto USB

Normcloutier, you asked two questions in your first post - copy music and copy playlists. Copying playlists will need some type software as others have suggested to extract your playlists from the iTunes library files.

I did want to let you know there is an easy way (no software required) to copy just the music to a USB or SD Card. I do this on my Mac, but I think same process would work on a Windows PC as well. For me, I just copy everything from "/Users/ed/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music" directory to the USB or SD Card. Works like a charm!

Egar, that works great, but if you have more music than flash drive, it doesn't work. The easiest way is to just open the flash drive as a window. Highlight songs in iTunes and drag them to the flash drive window. It'll copy them, and you don't need directories or anything.

While I provided the above download link, I'm not an iTunes user nor a playlist maker.

I obtain most of my music via SoundCloud, using the Search feature at the top of the page to locate a desirable song, or artist, or genre, with no signup required.

I just copy the MP3s from my Temporary Internet Files folder to a flash drive and use the Shuffle setting in my vehicle to cause the musical sequence to be a surprise.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...

Macbook Air

Open iTunes and make a new playlist with your title - example PIRATES for Pirates of the Carib.

Fill this play list with the songs you want

shrink iTunes to 1/2 screen

put thumbdrive into usb port and name it

open finder shrink 1/2 size so both windows are visible

scroll down to DEVICES to see thumb drive

on itunes window open new playlist - EDIT, SELECT ALL

drag all tunes to finder column - it gets a red outline -

verify download is complete.

Plug into MySync port - on my 15 edge it shows the name of the USB drive (PIRATES) as soon as I plug in.

I did this with 2 different drives - the main one has 400 songs and the entertainment menu shows both USB names. Voice commands work to select ( USB PIRATES, etc).

hope this helps

NO file conversions just drag and drop.

Edited by rurick