2008 Edge Impressions

FPParent

I'm looking to buy my kid a used Edge. In talking with a dealer friend, he said the 2008 Edge was to be avoided as they had lots of qurky issues. Now he has a used 2008 on his lot with everything we've been looking for and is saying their not really as bad as he made them sound. So, what are the owner impressions of the 2008 models? Sound vehical or to be avoided?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

2008 edge with 74,000. Only problem I have had was a the steering pump and rear end. (AWD) I don't blame the car though, I bought it used and the person that had it before me apparently did not keep up with the service on the vehicle. They never changed or checked the fluids at the dealership when I went to buy it, but they covered everything and then some when the items failed.My one suggestion would be to ask them to change all of the fluids on the car before you buy it.

My son gets his lisence in a few years, and I plan on giving the Edge to him. You can always get unlucky no matter what vehicle you buy, but I think you should be OK with one of these.

• 1 month later...

I like mine, I purchased a used one a couple of months ago, with 138,000 miles on it. One of the internal transmission sensors went out within the first couple of days. But called dealership and they fixed no problem since. The only thing I am concerned with currently, and maybe some one here can advise is the mpg recently dropped rather significantly went from 20-21 city down to 14-15 city.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy my kid a used Edge. In talking with a dealer friend, he said the 2008 Edge was to be avoided as they had lots of qurky issues. Now he has a used 2008 on his lot with everything we've been looking for and is saying their not really as bad as he made them sound. So, what are the owner impressions of the 2008 models? Sound vehical or to be avoided?

Thanks in advance.

i have a2008 for 6 years and it is great i have added a cat back cold air intake black chrome 22 they are hot strut brace hid head lights and lots more it is a great edge ken sacks

• 3 weeks later...

2008 with 90k. 2nd owner. Been through 2 accidents (not me) and it has never been back to the dealer for anything since I bought it 30k ago. The BAMR is giving me some lagging issues and the car jerks on some weird accelleration (I believe from the stall converter specs), but I've learned to control it. Not sure if he's into mods, but it has just enough to curb my appetite for modding cars without killing my bank account. I think it's a phenomenal first car. I've taken 3/4 friends on Spring Breaks to Florida with enough space for all our luggage plus bodies. It's been good.