Say Hello to the New Guy

Nick Halstead

I just bought the wife a 2013 White Suede Ford Edge SE. I've only drove it for about 5 mins and I'm dying to get the keys and drive my 48 miles to work in it and actually enjoy it. Can't say much about the car yet as I really haven't been in it.

About me...

I'm Active Duty Army stationed in Fort Bliss, Tx. Though I live on White Sands Missile Range (100 miles round trip, so I wont be driving the Edge much). We traded in my 2007 Dodge Magnum SE for the Edge as the Magnum was approaching 100k and she absolutely hated the Magnum. I had my Magnum on 22in Lexani LX15 Rims and lowered on Eibach Pro Kit and Dampers and that was pretty much it due to the seriously small 2.7 motor.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you as I am coming from a dodge magnum community that is very very very tight knit and informative.

856222_4965214521559_462745669_o.jpg

My Magnum

DSC_1873_zpsa9f51e31.jpg

Feb_mag_pic_zps5e302ebd.jpg

• Like 1

yw, yes I like the simple and clean look. I'd take the rear wiper off the Edge too but the wife will kill me. Anybody have links to a good parts site. I need to get the foglights in the bumper, I see Ford doesn't sell an OEM kit and also searched and noticed one guy got them to work. For the time being I just want the look of them as I hate the black piece in the bumper

Benny (https://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/) is our goto guy on this forum. I don't know where you would get 2012-13 Edge parts other than dealer or fleabay.

Might be able to save on shipping by going to a local Ford dealer.

The official Ford site is

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2013&m=Ford&mo=Edge#Search

Under Electrical, Lighting & Body, then Lighting-Exterior, near the very end of the listings, you will see the listing for fog lights.

HTH.

Congrats on your new Edge Nick!

I just bought my Edge less than a week ago... and like you I traded in a Dodge Magnum (2008 SE 3.5L V6) that my wife didn't like. I loved my Magnum, but I think I'll be loving the Edge just a little more.

The folks on this forum seem to be very knowledgeable and have already helped me in my decision purchasing new wheels for my ride (pics to come soon).

Best of luck!

Nick thank you for your service! Welcome to the forum and great buy, I too have a SE and bought the lights from KC300c is business is DayTime BriteLights he advertises on the site. Here's before and after with my lights installed.

Can you give me more details on them? They look pretty nice! I see some on ebay for a whopping $229.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11909-my-first-mod-daytime-brightlites/ I believe I posted the link to the post I did when I installed my lights, They are a little rich but I believe worth it. Everything I needed was in the kit along with a very good set of instructions. Everything was very straight forward and simple, it followed the KISS moto (Keep It Simple Stupid) Hope this helps