Newbie - 2011 Edge SE

Shaun

Hello Friends,

I just purchased a 2011 Ford Edge SE two days ago. Love the vehicle so far, smooth ride and solid feel... it won over the Toyota Highlander I was considering. Better mpg, lower price, and just the overall look of the Edge was what sealed the deal. My old vehicle was a 2008 Dodge Magnum SE, great vehicle - but it was time for a change. I'm a musician so I needed a vehicle roomy enough to lug my gear around and the Edge fit the bill.

My first question for you seasoned Edge owners and officianados is this; I have 17" stock rims and would like to put some 20" OEM wheels on my new ride. I'm on a tight budget and found a set on eBay that I liked... however, my hang up is they claim to be original Ford Edge OEM rims that are stamped "FoMoCo" but I can't seem to find one picutre online showing a Ford Edge of any year with these specific rims. Can you experts please lend me your opinions and/or experience with these wheels?

Any insight you can lend would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link to the eBay wheels:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-FORD-EDGE-20-CHROME-WHEELS-TIRES-245-50-20-GOODYEAR-TIRES-STOCK-Rims-/200873345352?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5868794861888307767%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D200873345352%26

Thanks!

Welcome! Great folk on this forum make this a great place to be.

As far as pics, a quick search on images netted me this link. Looks like the wheels you have linked to:

http://www.carrentingreviews.com/2012/06/20/2013-ford-edge-limited-update/

Sorry, no experience with 'em. I am happy with the stock 18's, unlikely to be "borrowed"!

Thanks for the suggestion... the wheels you posted a link to are different than the ones I found on eBay. I found plenty of pics of the ones you saw, those are definitely OEM wheels. I'm just curious if the wheels I found on eBay are replicas or junk... makes me skeptical because I can't find it pics of them anywhere.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion... the wheels you posted a link to are different than the ones I found on eBay. I found plenty of pics of the ones you saw, those are definitely OEM wheels. I'm just curious if the wheels I found on eBay are replicas or junk... makes me skeptical because I can't find it pics of them anywhere.

This question has been asked and answered previously here on the forum. I would not hesitate at all to buy a set from that seller!

This link will answer your question.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11821-can-this-be-true-wheel-question/?hl=%2Bdetroit+%2Bwheel&do=findComment&comment=90065

Calling or asking the seller any questions on the auction site could also answer any other questions you have about them.

Edited by ls973800

This question has been asked and answered previously here on the forum. I would not hesitate at all to buy a set from that seller!

This link will answer your question.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11821-can-this-be-true-wheel-question/?hl=%2Bdetroit+%2Bwheel&do=findComment&comment=90065

Calling or asking the seller any questions on the auction site could also answer any other questions you have about them.

Thanks Is973800! That's just what I was looking for. I actually called Joe from Detroit Tire before reading this and he was very willing to talk to me about the wheels and answered all of my questions 100%. I am confident these are the real deal. I made the purchase... I'll post pics when I get the new shoes on!

I bet they will look very nice and just a little bit different than what any other Edge's are running around with.

One of the questions from that post I linked to was if these are chrome CLAD (plastic chrome glued onto the steel wheel like the OEM 20") or if they are actually chrome PLATED.

Did you happen to find out? If not, please let us know once you get them. If they are in fact chrome plated, I think that makes in an even BETTER deal than the OEM ones.

Per the part number provided in the listing, 9A5J-1007-AA, looks like chrome clad. About $800 per wheel from a dealer.

Ford direct link to these wheels: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=Qus25c%2f30JMhlr7SDlkn4Q%3d%3d&id=229589797&m=2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Edge

But yeah, please do let us know :)

I bet they will look very nice and just a little bit different than what any other Edge's are running around with.

One of the questions from that post I linked to was if these are chrome CLAD (plastic chrome glued onto the steel wheel like the OEM 20") or if they are actually chrome PLATED.

Did you happen to find out? If not, please let us know once you get them. If they are in fact chrome plated, I think that makes in an even BETTER deal than the OEM ones.

I am happy that I will have Ford wheels on my Edge that will be just a little different than everyone else... I like that. Excited to get them!

Joe from Detroit Tire made it a point to let me know that they were not chrome clad (plastic coating), but in fact they were chrome plated. He assured me they were very good quality, not refurbished, and brand spaking new directly from Ford (he also refered me to the Ford website). The other post you guys refered me to was right on... Joe seemed like a straight shooter, and was definitely very knowledgeable about rims and tires... a pleasure to talk to.

They arrive Friday and I will be putting them on Saturday... stay tuned for pictures!

Got the new wheels yesterday and put them on. I'm very happy with the quality, they look great, roll smooth like butter, and are very quiet. And I'm equally pleased with the quality of service from Joe at Detroit Tire. The wheels appear to be everything Joe promised... brand new rims, stamped "FoMoCo" on the inside, chrome plated, with TPMS installed, wrapped in brand new Good Year Wrangler 245/50/r20 tires, and balanced perfectly. Big improvement over the stock 17's!

Here's the before and after...

post-25855-0-50914000-1362495371_thumb.jpg

post-25855-0-47442700-1362495406_thumb.jpg

post-25855-0-01307000-1362495559_thumb.jpg