OEM Invision DVD Players - Can Audio be Played Through Stereo?

We've been trying to figure out how to play the audio through the stereo and we can't figure it out.

We were under the assumption this is possible and I don't want my kids wearing the headphones for audio. My kids are 5 and 2 and their heads are small. The large headphones do not stay on their heads and plus I don't want them in control of the volume... Putting a 2 year old in charge of volume... potential for blown eardrums.

If I can't control audio through the stereo for these factory installed options, I'll be pissed. My wife is already upset that she can't figure it out.

I hope there is good news out there...

Thanks!

Mark

Never mind. I searched online and I was finding various posts that you couldn't play the audio through the stereo and my blood pressure was starting to raise... Found a Flex forum stating there should be Media button and then a Rear DVD button so I went out to take a look.

Couldn't find any of these buttons in the Entertainment section of MFT but started playing with the radio to see if there was a frequency. Had a DVD playing and started scanning stations. Finally came a frequency that played the audio from the DVD.

Happy!

Only thing I'm left wondering is that since this is an FM frequency, if we take a road trip and go out of this frequency's range or an area that has music playing on this frequency, we'll have to find a new frequency to play the audio through, correct? Will there always be an open audio frequency no matter where we travel?

Mark94: From Invision's FAQ web page...

Can I listen to the sound of my DVD through the car stereo speakers?
Yes. Power up your system and place a disc in monitor "A" (headrest system) or in the only loader (Overhead/Center Console System). While pointing your remote at the monitor press the "DVD A" button directly under the red "POWER" button on your remote control. Next press the "Sound Around ON/OFF" button to turn on or off FM modulation as desired. Three buttons to right is the "Sound Around SELECT" button which will scroll through 6 possible stations for broadcasting speaker sound. Once selecting a station you must then tune your stereo to the corresponding frequency.

If you need additional guidance, you may want to pose your questions using Invision's Contact Us web page.

On another discussion site, a user said he used that web page and Invision's support rep responded promptly via telephone with an answer.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

• 3 months later...