Automatic Air Temperature Control

I have a Ford Edge 2012 and the auto temp control doesn’t seem to be right. I am just not sure if it is the design or there is something wrong.

I will have it set on auto at like 75 degrees in the morning when it is freezing outside and the blower in barely on. I have to then go to manual mode to increase the blower speed to heat up the car. I have tired leaving it on auto for 15-20 mins and the blower speed never increases.

Also, I can never get the Auto setting to blow out the front dash vents or the floor vents. It will only blow out the vents on top of the dash pointing to the windshield. I have tried manually selecting the front dash vents and floor vents and then going back to Auto but it doesn’t work. Can you not choice the vents it blows out of in Auto?

Thanks!

Kate13: From a cold start in below-freezing temperatures, my full AUTO Climate setting will have the fan begin blowing at full speed to heat the interior after I have driven about one mile.

Per the attached photo, it is possible to set the air distribution path using the TOUCH screen while leaving the fan speed automatically determined by the differential between the desired temperature and the actual temperature.

Many users here are frustrated that our non-AUTO Climate system settings do not endure the next time we start-up our vehicles, something we hope Ford might address in the next SYNC/TOUCH software update.

Good luck!

post-23702-0-47642200-1361116404_thumb.jpg

With my 2011 edge when starting from a cold start with it being cold out in the auto setting the blower remains on low untill the vehicle engine temp starts getting warm then the fan will ramp up to high and when gets to my set temp of 72 is will ramp the blower fan back to a lower speed, I do hate that when ever the vehicle has been shut down the climate system always reverts back to full auto...