Soon to be Edge owner !

ELMersGlue1

Hi all, new to the forum but have been a Ford guy since I was a kid. Up until recently, my parents only drove Fords. My earliest memory is their 87 Cougar and 89 T-Bird. 91 Topaz (POS), 93 Ranger, 96, 98, and 2003 Windstars, 2006 Mariner, their road trip beast (2010 High Top Ford E-Series conversion van), 2010 Lincoln MKZ, and my current 2011 Escape have all been a part of our family over the years.

My lease is coming up on my Escape, and after test-driving a Fusion Titanium, I pretty much was sold on that being my next vehicle. I never considered an Edge because I never thought i'd be able to afford one. Being laid up in bed with bronchitis, the stomach bug,and a double ear infection this past week I decided to give our sales guy a call and see just for "shi** and giggles" what the payment would be on a fully loaded Sport Edge AWD (I figure, if i'm going to be disappointed by the payment, i might as well pick the top trim level haha). I was shocked when he told me it would be a $1, yes, a DOLLAR more per month than what i'm paying now for my Escape!!! I couldn't believe it.

SO hopefully by the end of next month, or the beginning of March I will have him locate one to my specs and be cruising in that for 2 years. It can't come soon enough!

Nick