New Edge

Duck

Hope that your wife, and you enjoy the new Edge. Have my MKX a year now, and luv it, even after coming out of a V8 Explorer. About the only thing that I miss from the Explorer is the shitty gas mileage it gave me. It's so nice to get out on the highway with the "X", set the cruise, and get 25+ mpg's, and that's with the 3.7 engine. Let us know in a month or two, how you're doing with the Edge.

Well Edgie and Joe. She went from a black and gold 04 F-250 crewcab 4x4 lifted 6" riding on 35" Toyo Open County MT's on black 20" Rockstars with a very well built and custom tuned 6.0 diesel. But it was her choice and she likes it but she said she does miss the power but loves how much easier it is to park. I have only driven it twice and its ok but I'll stick to my truck, the fuel economy of the Edge will be nice on trips but I need a truck. My truck is a 99 F-350 supercab lifted 8" on 37" Goodyear MT's, 6 speed, Valair feramic clutch, and a healthy custom tuned 7.3 diesel. She looked at the Explorer and thats what I wanted her to get but she loves the black Edge and its hers so I told her to get what you want or you'll regret it. She was a little worried about not having 4x4 if it snows but I'm thinking of getting a Expedition to drive while I do some work to my truck so she knows she can drive that.

• Like 1

I know how it feels to go from a big truck to an suv as we use to live out in the country it only made sense to have a truck. We had an 04 F150 FX4 crewcab lifted we loved it but once we moved to the city the gas mileage on that thing was horrible hence we sold our truck to get a more gas friendly vehicle and I completely agree that it's way easier to park to. I find my edge handles just great in the snow and that's with the all season michelins on it's a great suv and you'll both enjoy the better gas mileage thats for sure and before I forget congrats on the new edge :)

Thank you for the welcome, nice place here unlike most of the diesel forums. I told her it would do fine in the snow and she always makes me drive her around if its real bad anyway. I like the fact that gas is cheaper than diesel and its easy on gas, what's not to like there. And I certainly will not miss the 200 dollar oil changes (15 quarts of synthetic oil, oil filter and 2 fuel filters). That was more truck than she needed, I towed a couple of trailers with it but as a rule it was too nice for me to use (it was a lariat). I was a diesel tech for years and have been a welder/electrician for the last 7 years. I still do diesel work on the side and until this morning my truck was loaded down with 2 welders, a gang box, uni-strut, 3 spools of wire and a bunch of conduit, plus the cab is usually full of tools. I wish I could get 25 mpg's but no way its going to happen and I have to have a truck with a large payload capacity.