headlight on 2012 edge sport

madtipper

Hello ford owner my name is patrick and i would like to ask a qustion i,m been reading a lot on headlight with all the hid kits or just super bright lights well i been talking to some police officer here in Massachusetts and they told me that hid kits or after market light are illegal so i started to look into super bright lights but to my surprise they don.t make a light bulb for the 2012 edge so can someone help me does someone know of a light bulb that is much brighter then factory one it will be greatly appreciated in the dark in Massachusetts

It is "illegal: but I would bet that you wont have any police troubles... I posted this in another thread:

That's the difference between retrofitting HIDs into a reflector housing vs a projector housing. Reflectors will blind oncoming traffic, while projectors are designed for a specific cut-off (hid or halogen) which should have zero legal issues.

You really can NOT tell what is OEM vs aftermarket with our projector lenses. UNLESS, of course, you go with yellow or very blue/purple temp options.