Old Ford owner with new 2013 Edge

Gil

Purchased 1st Ford in 1960, so been around awhile. It was a newly introduced model......Ford Falcon 4 door. It was my 2nd car and 1st new one. It was a great little car for a young newly wed just starting a family. Owned several Ford over the years. Just jumped into this century with a 2013 Edge Limited. Jumped, as last car was a 1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. This old fart's learning curve is not what it was so taking time to get use to using voice commands on Ford Sync verses pushing buttoms and turning on switches. May have some questions as I get accustomed to this new technology. Always been a do-it-yourselfer and it appears this new Edge does not give you much to work on unless you are a trained tech. Anyone do their own oil changes or other minor work on their cars? Let know what you can do with these new cars, if anything.

Looking forward to reading and learning about everyone experience with their Edge and this new technology.

Regards, and be good to yourself, and others,

Gil

Hey Gil,

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new Edge, It will take some time, but you'll get use to modern technology. Had a '60 Falcon, did ya? I was still a kid, back in '62, my dad bought a new Falcon station wagon. It was the Custom, one notch below the Falson Squire wagon. Couldn't kill the sucker. I don't know how many people do their own oil changes today. Now you can go 7,500 between changes, I get changes ever 5,000. My dealer does oil & filter, rotates tires, and 32 multi-point inspection for $39.95, and sometimes runs a special for $29.95 with a coupon.

• Like 1