Bought a 2012 Limited...Prior Rental

SoCalEdge2012

And we love it.

Had been looking to trade in our 2007 Edge SEL for the newer body style, new cars weren't in our price range so we looked at used 2011 SEL's. Soon discovered almost all used 2011/2012 were prior rentals (which I guess is good if nobody is selling their 11'/12's already!). Spent weeks driving around southern california looking, most of them you could tell were prior rentals. Stopped by our local dealer just to see if they could keep an eye out and get what we were looking for. But then they had this beautiful silver 2012 Limited that was just a few days on the lot. As mentioned, we were looking for SEL's...but the leather/ MFT, wheels, etc were so much nicer, especially on this purty car. As we were shopping used, we didn't have the choice of an updgraded SEL - it was bare bones SEL or bare bones Limited. Anyway, got upsold on the limited and everyday I'm glad we did. Biggest selling point for me is the ambient lighting hehe (great gimmick)! The car was the exact combo we were looking for Ingot Silver w/Black interior. Another selling point for us was that it was a Certified Pre-Owned. The extended warranty is appealing as I have recently been commuting 1000 miles/week. I'll get a 2 years out of the warranty.

Yea, 2012 Ingot Silver, Black Leather, "Base" Limited, 21,5XX miles. Love the improved ride over the previous model. Starting the LED swap out process, and drilled one of the front plate brackets (cordless battery died). Looking through this forum provides endless ideas to make this an even greater ride...if only money and time were as endless as the ideas.

Anyway, long winded intro for anyone bored. Looking forward the the great advice around the board.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, this was the cleanest used/Prior rental we came across. Beautiful inside and out - save for a small ding in the driver door which the dealer is "supposed" to take care of on the first service.

post-24206-0-29215600-1348852003_thumb.jpg

post-24206-0-98726700-1348852003_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoCalEdge2012

Hey SoCal,

I enjoy reading about new owner's buying experiences and when they first take delivery of their 1st Edge. Brings me back to when I got mine a year ago. I had a great time shopping for it and the anticipation before taking delivery. Kind of like a first kiss. (OK, maybe not to that degree). I keep it new by adding mods I've learned about here on the forum.