New Edge SE here. Anyone else have just this base model?

dwight

Just bought a new "left-over" 2012 Edge SE. Only 2 options... Ecoboost and Sync.

I thought I wanted a Chevrolet Equinox, until I drove one. It was underpowered and just not much fun to drive. So I drove like a half-dozen small crossovers. I'd never even heard of the Edge but I liked it by far the best. Really surprised me. Especially the EcoBoost engine... it felt more responsive to me than the V-6 version I drove. I liked the new Escape too, but the Edge just seemed to suit me better.

My problem was the Edge is more expensive than the others and even with my trade, I couldn't quite swing one without financing it. And I hate car payments :) I thought of buying used, but I really wanted a brand new car. Then I found this basic SE sitting on a dealer's lot... got a great deal on it and I was able to just write a check for the difference.

I'm so glad I gave up some options I could have afforded on the others, to get a car I really like. And this forum was very helpful to me in making my decision. Thanks!