Finally Decided to Register

UnderEstimated

Well, my wife and I leased a 2012 Ford Edge Sport back in March and I've been lurking this forums since. Just decided to finally register. I'm not a newbie to forums though, as I used to moderate the Fusion Forum/Mazda forums when I was actively involved in modifing my '07 Ford Fusion.

Anyway, my wife and I decided to trade in the Fusion and get our first lease. The lease rates at the time were very good and we even got some cash incentitives for leasing vs. buying. And if nothing drastic changes in our life, we'll actually be left with equity in the Edge. :)

We love the Edge and it's been great so far. Sync sometimes acts up, but its been getting better. Many people compliment the vehicle; moreso than any other than we've owned. But my biggest gripe is the paint! When I first waxed the Edge, I noticed that behind some of my door handles, there is bad coverage of the base coat. I can see the primer behind it that's been clearcoated. Also, I have the same issue in the grooves on the rear trim (left and right of the Ford emblem). There are also several places where the paint appears to have some type of dirt or debris underneath it. It's like a small lump in the paint. I can live with it for now, but are those issues going to be the fault of mine when it's turned in? My goal is to keep this in the best shape possible. It's washed weekly, quick detailed in-between, waxed bi-monthly, and garaged.

We've never leased before and after doing a little research online, I've read some horrible stories of lease turn-ins. But I've also read a lot of good things as well. With it being a lease, we're just extra careful with the Edge. We also have a 12K mileage limit each year, but shortly after we bought the Edge, my office moved into a new corporate area less than 3 miles from our house. After our new calculations, the Edge will see, at most, 5500 miles a year.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally decided to register! It seems to be a valuable resource!

Welcome aboard, congrat's on your Edge, and glad you finally joined the forum. I would go back to the dealer with your paint issues, and get it documented. With leases, they allow for some wear and minor dings, but play the safe game, and have the dealer check it out.

Joe