Plug looks like it's missing connection. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but while looking for a place to run my power wire to my amp, I found this:

20120814_103544.jpg

There wasn't anything dangling or loose to attach to it, but I didn't know if it was there for another factory option I don't have.

Does anyone have this same plug disconnected on one side? It's directly between the two exhaust tips right behind the rear bumper.

Well, they've changed something in 2012. I was smart, and first disconnected my harness at that location, and then put the Edge in reverse. I got no backup warning and the dash display said "Check parking aide." Plugged it back in and all is well. For those interested the harness part number that I unplugged/plugged is BT4T 14N139 P2609. Once it goes under the bumper, it splits off into multiple smaller wire bundles, I am assuming 4, it's a real tight fit.

Edited by cjd3

I have the trailer hitch and the electrical connector is located on the drivers side of the hitch. The sure way to confirm this is that the plug (harness) has a rubber cover attached that you remove to connect to the trailer's harnest. Also, it has one silver male contact and the remainder contacts are female, opposite to the patern on the trailer connector. . Also, there is a small clip under the bumper to secure the plug when not in use. I hope that this will help to confirm if it's the trailer harness or not. Your manual has a good picture of this in the towing section (I believe).

oakplank

If it makes a difference, I drive an '08, and, even without a plug on the other side of the harness, my backup sensors worked well, today. My car did not come with a manual, so I'm stuck using the online one... ($30 is outrageous for those). I am comfortable saying it is for a potential hitch that I do not have, although this harness is located in the middle, it could be likely that location could have changed from our generations.