Hello. Considering buying an edge!

on4now4

Well I took one for a test drive the other day and I was really impressed. This thing rides amazing for a vehicle that can tow. I was very impressed by the fact that the MPG is rated around 27. But all the searching I do leads me to find that nobody gets that... Most people seem to be reporting around 22 or less Highway... Why is it so low? does anyone achieve close to EPA? That is really the only think keeping me from buying one of these great cars!

We went out to Pennsylvania today to visit friends, set the cruise at 64 mph, and managed to get instant readouts of 24.9-25.4mph. I know if I had the cruise set at 75 or 80, my mpg's would have dropped considerably. I've come to the conclusion that the faster you go, the faster life goes by, and I'k in no rush to pack it in, so I go slower, and enjoy the scenery !. :headspin:

My 2011 SEL FWD just got 28.3 mpg on a 600 mile trip. About 200 miles at 74mph and the other 400 at around 64mph. This is according to the idiot gauge and it was all highway. The realtime MPG readout can really help drivers achieve the best possible mileage. I average about 23mpg in mixed driving.

Im currently commuting between southern NH and northern RI. it's about 90 miles (highway) each way. I fill my tank every other morning to full (with 1 top off) and calculate my mileage. I've been getting between 25 and 26.9 mpg. 2012 3.5L AWD. The fuel economy computer calculates it out to be some where near 21 mpg. I'm going to go with the number I calculate out based on the amount of gas I purchase and distance I drive.

I drive between 60 and 75 mph mostly with cruise control, sometimes without in really heavy traffic. I'm pretty happy with those numbers for a 3000 lb. vehicle that can tow with as well as carry 5 people and their things comfortably.

I don't do a ton of highway driving so my average MPG hovers in the 21-22 range as you can see below, but over the weekend I went on a couple of longer highway drives and my average MPG was over 25. The fuel economy of the Edge beats my old Murano by 2-3 MPG easily.