New 2013 Limited Owner

Texasopa

Congratulations on your new purchase. I just picked up my 2013 Edge Limited on Saturday from Rockwall Ford here in the metroplex area. Having traded in a 2003 F150 with almost 170000 miles, all I can say is this Edge is fantastic!

I found one with the towing package and the Bliss blind spot system. I'm not planning on doing any towing but wanted the tow package for the additional cooling features here in the Texas heat.

Welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot here.

On July 13th, I picked up my 2013 EDGE Limited AWD in Ruby Red Metallic with the 302a Equipment Group. This Ruby Red looks fantastic in the sun...it really pops!

I'll be posting more about it in the next few weeks, this week has been rough at work.

Edited by Don G

Purchased a 2013 Ford Edge Limited in white platinum tri-coat. This is my first ever new car and I love it so far (have had it a week now). Still learning about all the bells and whistles. My hubby just purchased a F150 Lariat today in white platinum tri-coat! We are a FORD family!

Congratulations on your new purchase. I just picked up my 2013 Edge Limited on Saturday from Rockwall Ford here in the metroplex area. Having traded in a 2003 F150 with almost 170000 miles, all I can say is this Edge is fantastic!

I found one with the towing package and the Bliss blind spot system. I'm not planning on doing any towing but wanted the tow package for the additional cooling features here in the Texas heat.

Didn't know the trailer hitch package added any additional cooling features, was told it was just hitch ,wiring and sway controller. Is there a different "tow package"

Good luck with your new Edge. I ordered a Mineral Gray SEL with option group 202A. Suppose to be in next week and the wait is killing me. As far as the tow packing is concerned, yes it is different than your basic Edge. The tow package consist of:hitch, receiver, larger radiator,upgraded cooling fans, wirring harness with four pin connector and trailer sway control (1588kg /3500lbs) max.

Didn't know the trailer hitch package added any additional cooling features, was told it was just hitch ,wiring and sway controller. Is there a different "tow package"

Nope, the Class II Factory Trailer Tow Package (RPO 53G) includes hitch receiver, larger radiator, upgraded cooling fans, wiring harness with 4-pin connector and trailer sway control. The MSRP listed price is $395.00. It has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs. Like I mentioned, I wanted to find one here in Texas strictly for the additional cooling. I've never towed anything in over 44 years of driving, and don't plan on starting now. :rolleyes: