New owner

LD50

Just purchased a new 2012 Edge Sport for my wife. I was kind of behind the eight ball since I just took delivery of my Raptor a couple of months ago. I would have rather waited but our Explorer was getting some miles on it and I wanted to get rid of it while it still had some value. So far I'm pretty impressed. I had a 2010 as a loaner while I was getting some work done on my truck and liked it but they really stepped up the dash and interior on the '11's and up. I have to say it gets up and runs and handles pretty darn well. The only issue I've had so far is having to do a master reset on the nav when it wouldn't accept any destination inputs. No big deal. I was pretty happy with the deal I got as well. Bought it for invoice minus $2750 in incentives. I had to move a little more than I wanted on my trade but still came out pretty well considering it needed new tires and the gearbox for one side of the power fold rear seats had given out.

So hello everyone. I'm hoping to learn any tips and secrets I can here and pass on any info I come up with after I've had the vehicle a little longer.

Welcome to the jungle jd50. I've had my 12 sport for 6 months and am really enjoying it. It's been in the body shop for a week now (lady hit it parked at the airport). Should be able to pick it up Wednesday. I hope your wife is willing to let you tweak her Edge a bit. I've had a lot of fun making mine unique to me. Check out some of what I've done by following the links in my signature below.

Your's looks great. I'm not sure I'll do much custom work to the Edge since it's my wife's vehicle and that sort of thing doesn't mean much to her. About the only things I'm looking at doing right now are some setback protector for the front seats to keep the kids' footprints off the leather and a some Wet Okole seat covers for the rear seat to protect it from the car seats and all the things that kids tend to drop and lose track of. Most of my mod money will probably get spent on all the goodies I have in store for my Raptor. I was able to get it for the day yesterday so I could detail it. I clayed it then put down a coat of Optimum opti seal followed by some Zaino polish. What a difference even on a new vehicle. Incredible shine and it feels like polished glass now.

That's an interesting concept. I can't say I'm really sold on it though. I think that grill really sets the Raptor apart, but on the Edge it somehow makes it look more plain. By filling in the area where the grill on the Edge swoops down and extends into the bumper area it takes a lot of the aggressive look out of the front end. The wider headlights also take away from the kind squinting and pissed off look that the front of the Edge normally has too. I can also say you definitely wouldn't want to replace replace the HID lights on the Edge with stock F150 units. A lot of guys are spending anywhere from $500 to $1000 to upgrade the F150 lights to HIDs.

You'd have to have pretty big stones to even try to mod a Raptor grill to fit an Edge. I've been told that a replacement runs around $1500.