charcoal air cabin filter

You'll be fine. My SEL had the screen filter too as OEM. Replaced with pleated filter. Aaahhhh, so much better! Just remember to change at least once a year, check frequently if you feel performance degradation.

Yeah i thought so it fit so well in there and to the point earlier i didnt see ford creating two different versions of duct work. Sadly its not charcoal impregnated. Next time it will be. Pollen can be awful hear at times.

Since they do not rate filtration on cabin air filters like they do furnace filters for the home, I was thinking maybe pick up a small MERV 13 filter and size it to fit in the compartment. May not work, most of the home filters of that efficiency that I have found are 1" in thickness. :idea: ?

Maybe something like this:

http://www.nordicpure.com/AIR/18-x-18-x-12/18-x-18-x-12-Exact-Half-Inch-Air-Filter?ps=MSw1MDksNjkwNQ==

Cut into 4 equal sized pieces. I think the FP65 is about 8.5 inches square by 3/8 inch high. Have to check that.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

You are right, omar302. Media type & quality is the other factor. Trading a little drop in efficiency for a substantial gain in filtering characteristics.

I looked at pleated filters too in that same size, but didn't see any brands with enough feedback on the Inet. NordicPure seems to have a decent reputation, hence why I posted the link. The search will continue.

• 1 year later...

Just replaced my cabin filter in my 2007 Edge I've had just over a year. Took about 10 minutes.

Ordered from Amazon for $12.22/activated charcoal aftermarket

ATP Automotive FA-14 Carbon Activated Premium Cabin Air Filter

Looked up the instructions on the Fram website, much easier than the enclosed instructions that came with the filter.

One correction, Step 1 says to release the string hook, but the string wasn't accessible until after

pushing in the sides and I got past the the stops.

Funny, there is no mention of the plastic and metal screen grate that is in the vehicle that goes under the filter.

It looked like a dryer filter full of lint. That may be the reason the 'plactic sleeve' had to be removed by myfordedge08.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

K&N now makes cabin air filters too. A little pricey, but it's "clean and reuse" just like the engine air filters. So it should pay for itself in the long run. I may pick one up and try it.

http://smile.amazon.com/VF2019-Cabin-Air-Filter/dp/B00NEL75AA/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1418760553&vehicle=2011-54-5858-13--9-6-5-8302-2562-1-1-2832-182-5-0&sr=1-6&ymm=2011%3Aford%3Aedge&keywords=cabin+air+filter

• Like 2

I went through the filter world and replaced mine in November. Ended up getting OEM (but at the aftermarket price <$10).

Personally, I've never noticed any difference between the plain and carbon filter; smoke & odors from the outside still get through the same.

(Burning leaves is the most objectionable, cigarette smoke comes in at a close 2nd).

Anyone feel that spending the extra $$ for carbon or baking soda filters is actually worth it?