-
Posts
11,144 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
272
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
-
What gas do you normally put in, Marty? I am curious because most name brand gasolines usually have their own set of additives, and should not require additional cleaning (in theory!). For me, Exxon gas works quite well compared to Shell, Costco or any other brand in my area. Premium gives an added punch over regular, tho octane rating of regular may be suspect due to tank conditions and ethanol in the mix.
-
Transmissions do take time to warm up, and if the trans fluid is OK, next place I'd look is the PTU (since you have AWD). A change of PTU fluid would likely reduce the need for a future replacement.
-
Does Bahrain quality for "severe-duty" conditions? Do they use conventional oil or part synthetic?
-
What made you choose your Edge?
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Edgy Girl's topic in Competing Crossovers & Vehicles
Welcome & congrats on your new ride! The Redline Vue was/is quite a beast, tho with a GM interior (sadly). No question, Edge over RDX! Where are the pics, man? Put some up already :camera: -
Congrats on your new ride, and glad your '09 served you well!
-
Hello & welcome. What year/level of Edge do you have? There is only 1 blower in the Edge, did you mean the noise is only in the FLOOR position? What kind of noise is it? Rattling/humming/buzzing/etc. Could be the blower itself or a piece of insulation that has come loose or some debris stuck in the cabin filter/screen ... Too little info to guess right now.
-
13N02 - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to omar302's topic in Recalls, TSBs & Warranty
Definitely sounds like fluid loss in the system somewhere, either the master cylinder or brake lines. Have you had the brakes serviced recently? -
Post a message in his thread or PM him. I don't know how often he is on this board, so be patient
-
That IS interesting! But I meant just listening to the twits on the SOTU kills brain cells
-
Any corrosion on the battery terminals? Terminals secured properly to the battery? Any aftermarket alarm/stereo systems? Skipping CD player? Most recently, a bad Body Control Module has been mentioned as a culprit.
-
You could also lookup whiteis33 and Ron Bemberry. They can likely help you out.
-
Giant? Safeway limits your discounting power But can't complain. I use them especially when I want to add some premium fuel now and then. Doesn't hurt so much (up to 50c diff, ouch!).
-
Stopped watching these years ago, and saved some brain cells in the process, I think. SOTUs are a TWoT.
-
Shrinking Weather Strips, Corrosion on Ford Emblem
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to CinnamonEdge's topic in Exterior & Body
Don't know for sure, but I WOULD expect them to, under B2B. Those parts are supposed to last a LONG time. The only "excuse" I have seen from Ford (on this forum) re: corroded parts is that the vehicle was not designed for roads that are salted. -
Very good mileage. Thank you for taking the time to document your experience. It is valuable to the Ford Edge community!
-
Pretty close! It's an inline filter to catch the oil blowoff that normally makes its way back through the throttle body to be burned away. Without a catchcan inline, this has the potential of gumming up the throttle body eventually. Some people put filters/breathers on the oil cap instead, and wash/oil the elements periodically. K&N makes some too, but I don't know if any of theirs will fit the Edge. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111041740202 http://www.ebay.com/itm/191035876592
-
What's your thoughts on the MPG so far?
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to 2011edgese's topic in 2011 Edge & MKX
The worst mileage I get is when the Edge is not fully warmed up. Not so bad after. Are you running HVAC? That is a major cause of MPG loss. I would also consider getting a fuel system cleaning/more frequent oil changes if you qualify for "severe duty" conditions. -
Hope they at least gave you a good loaner for those 23 days! That is way too long to be without your vehicle.
-
the drivers side door open light does not go off.
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to 72harley1000's topic in 2013 Edge & MKX
I think the inner panel is glued on. Maybe a hair dryer or heat gun to help it release? Also read here that disconnecting the switch will turn off the light as well http://www.fixya.com/cars/t12642051-location_door_ajar_switch_2011_ford What did you spray the latch with? If you sprayed with WD-40, you need to follow it up with electrical parts cleaner at the very minimum. Then lube the latch to striker surfaces with "Krytox grease" (basically Teflon, I think). -
I believe you can get 17x8 in a 5x115 (or 5x4.5) pattern. That should fit your Edge and keep it to OEM sizing. http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=rockstarblack_over&SKU=12969&CheckFit=1 Only thing I am not sure of is the offset.
-
Question for Todd, Our Ford Service Rep.
WWWPerfA_ZN0W replied to Larry's topic in Brakes, Chassis & Suspension
Not too many folks used to manual brakes/power steering/windows etc these days. I suppose the parking brake could be used, but that also requires experience. -
Entirely possible. I assume you filled the "low" tire up to 35 psi? If there is any rust on the wheel rims, that can compromise the tire bonding and needs to be sanded off.
- 14 replies
-
- Low Pressure
- tire
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I saw that Christmas commercial!
-
That is transmission fluid, PTU uses synthetic gear oil 75W140 oil (pretty standard for this AWD unit; MKX owners manual pg 305). Hopefully they did not fill the PTU with Mercon V (worth checking with them). Don't know if new PTUs come with gear oil filled or whether that is done at the shop. Maybe the transmission was already low on fluid?
-
Welcome & congrats on your new Edge :thumb: Good luck, and look forward to your participation on this forum!
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
