Car Cover

Lex Talionis

Anyone tried one they like that specifically fits the Edge? Any recommendations? Any thoughts on what makes one good or bad (material for example)?

I can highly recommend California Car Cover as a place to purchase: LINK: California Car Covers

Click on the link, then hover your cursor over "Custom Car & Truck Covers" in the left side menu. Then click on "Find a Cover". Fill in the drop down menus with your vehicle information, and you will get a detailed listing of all of the fabric choices for your Edge. To help figure out what fabric would be best for your situation, click on the "Help me Choose" radio button on the fabric page.

They sell covers made by CoverCraft (among others), one of the best car cover makers in the business.

I have a cover which I purchased from them in 2001 for my 2001 Cougar. It is the "SuperWeave" fabric. It is waterproof but breathable, so it will let out moisture condensation from underneath, but keep rain and other moisture from coming through from the outside (very important). It is soft on the paint finish side. It is considered one of the best for outdoor storage, and also good for indoor storage.

These are not inexpensive covers, but as always you get what you pay for. They are top quality custom fit covers with mirror pockets. They are not generic "one size fits a bunch of similar sized cars" type covers. You can also get cable locks (for security), storage bags and other accessories.

I can vouch for California Car Covers customer service.

You can also try the CoverCraft website for other retailers.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530

I totally trust Cal Car cover. Their main store is literally 1.5 miles from me here in the valley. Have had probably 8 different covers from them. Never an issue with anything. Great warranty etc. No need to spend the big $$$ on the top of the line models either. Middle of the road price is just fine. The fit is tailored for that exact vehicle as stated before. Top notch!

thanks.. I will give them a peak and see what I can afford.. but at least it seems to be great option and a place to start

wow.. 8 different options for us at a range of $160 to a whopping $410 ... so yeah, there are some high end covers there. the tailored fit is a must, but I will likely fall somewhere in the middle as I can't justify a $410 cover

they have a selector tool to help you whittle down the choices for what will best suit your individual needs. funny thing is, it always only recommends "superweave" - the top-of-the-line model ;)

Edited by Lex Talionis

thanks.. I will give them a peak and see what I can afford.. but at least it seems to be great option and a place to start

wow.. 8 different options for us at a range of $160 to a whopping $410 ... so yeah, there are some high end covers there. the tailored fit is a must, but I will likely fall somewhere in the middle as I can't justify a $410 cover

they have a selector tool to help you whittle down the choices for what will best suit your individual needs. funny thing is, it always only recommends "superweave" - the top-of-the-line model ;)

You're welcome Lex. Good luck. :beerchug: